lifelines: a unique biobank
For many researchers worldwide, Lifelines is the perfect answer in their search for data and biomaterial. Lifelines constitutes an extraordinary databank and biobank through a combination of:
- the size of the population,
- the diversity of the data collected,
- the long study duration,
- the flexibility of the data collection, and
- the availability of information across three generations.
scientific research and policy
Lifelines is a longitudinal cohort study collecting data and samples from over 167,000 participants over a period of thirty years. The Lifelines cohort comprises residents of the northern parts of the Netherlands covering three generations: children, adults and the elderly. The collected data and samples are a valuable source for scientific research and for the development of policy focused on healthy ageing.
what can Lifelines do for you?
Researchers can use the data collected in the Lifelines study to answer a wide range of relevant research questions.
- Would you like to submit an application to Lifelines now? Read more about the application process.
- Would you like to know more about the available data first? Then file a request for information or consult the online catalogue first.
- If you have any other questions, please contact the Lifelines Research Office.