costs of Lifelines Biobank
Lifelines gives you easy access to data and samples for your research. Lifelines is a not-for-profit project; only the cost price of release and linking materials will be charged. This means you do not pay for the infrastructure. This makes Lifelines less expensive than having to collect your own data and/or biological samples.
indication of the costs
Costs may vary depending on the type of application. Below is an indication of different types of application and the related costs.
- Application for data: € 7,500*.
- Application for samples (and data): € 12,250* fixed costs plus variable costs depending on the number and type of samples.
- Application for collecting additional data or biological samples within the cohort: on request.
- Application for selection of participants: on request.
- Application for data link: on request.
explanation of the costs
- The standard costs for access to the available data amount to € 7,500* per data set, regardless of the type of data or size of the data set.
- The costs for access to use samples start with a minimum fixed fee of € 12,250*. This fee comprises data linking, project management, data release and quality control. Non-profit and university organisations are charged a € 5* surcharge for each serum, plasma, urine and DNA sample, and € 20* for each faecal sample.
Please contact Lifelines if you have any questions on specific costs.
*Costs listed are exclusive of VAT. Lifelines will list the actual costs in the offer to be drawn up in consultation with the researcher.